About the Course
Join Jennifer and guest teachers for a comprehensive and holistic prenatal yoga teacher training, during which we will explore the precious time of the child birthing years. Not only will you deepen your knowledge of pregnancy, labor and birth, you’ll also learn techniques for on and off the yoga mat to support women through the myriad of transitions that occur before, during, and after birth. Becoming a prenatal yoga instructor means to contribute to the magic of bringing beings into this world – an incredibly important and rewarding task!
* The benefits of yoga for pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum
* The essentials of Asana (postures), Pranayama (breath work), meditations & visualizations as well as vocal toning for the Mama-to-be
* Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
* Sequencing a healthy prenatal yoga practice for all levels (including beginners and the experienced yogi)
* The do’s and don’ts of the different trimesters
* Usage of props for all trimesters
* Hands-on assisting skills for the Asana practice
* Contraindications for practice
* Postures to aid common discomforts of pregnancy
* Partner prenatal yoga
During the training you will:
* participate in lectures
* fulfill reading & written assignments
* view movie screenings
* join Q&A sessions with the staff
* lead prenatal yoga classes
* complete a quiz, a final exam and a final practicum evaluation
You will receive a manual for the training. A certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Jennifer has been a dedicated practitioner of yoga & bodywork for over 20 years and has been teaching yoga for over 15, both within the U.S. and internationally. With her extensive experience and depth of knowledge, Jennifer has become a well-known, highly respected, and sought out teacher. She is very passionate about the integrity of one's practice and strives to meticulously and authentically impart her knowledge to her students.