About the Course
In the demands of our fast-passed high energy - overwhelming lifestyle, restorative self-care practices are becoming not just a luxury but a necessity. Restorative Yoga can have numerous benefits including balancing the nervous system, boosting immune system, healing emotional trauma or stress, and calming the mind.
Restorative Yoga utilizes passive stretching and use of props to promote deep relaxation and restoration. Usually poses are held for 5-20 minutes. A restorative class may include 5-6 poses.
In this training, we will cover:
* anatomy of the nervous system
* energy of the subtle yogic bodies
* science of relaxation
* pranayama/ breath work
* sequencing classes
* creating various themes
* proper cueing
* how to utilize props appropriately
* simple hands-on assists for relaxation
* practice teaching
* Please note that you must already be a 200 hour certified Yoga Teacher to attend this immersion and you will be asked for a copy of your certificate upon application.
Jennifer has been a dedicated practitioner of yoga & bodywork for over 20 years and has been teaching yoga for over 15, both within the U.S. and internationally. With her extensive experience and depth of knowledge, Jennifer has become a well-known, highly respected, and sought out teacher. She is very passionate about the integrity of one's practice and strives to meticulously and authentically impart her knowledge to her students.