About the Course
200 hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
This training will be passionately and skillfully led by Jennifer and the seasoned USMMA staff. Beginning this Fall!
October 8-9, 22-23
November 5-6, 19-20
January 7-8, 21-22
February 4-5, 11-12
* PLUS additional Thursday evenings online
Saturday & Sunday 8am-6:30pm with 1 hour lunch break
Thursday 7-9pm online Zoom lectures
* additional participation in weekly yoga classes
* weekly reading & writing homework assignments
* personal practice-teaching outside of weekend immersions
Tuition: $3000 if paid in full, $3300 with payment plan
this includes PDF of manual, in-person studio classes & online classes
additional investment: philosophy books, optional printing of manual
USMMA: 316 Hartford Ave, Route 126, Bellingham, MA 02019
Abut the Training This immersive Yoga Teacher Training is an exceptionally high quality, fully comprehensive, and a profoundly life transforming experience! At the end of the training you will be fully qualified and confident to teach Vinyasa Yoga and its variations such as Power Yoga, Flow Yoga, and of course in a Hot Yoga setting, if you choose. Over 100 poses will be covered in-depth during the training with special attention to anatomical alignment, sequencing, and skillful assists.
* History and philosophy of Yoga
* Mindfulness & meditation
* Breath work practices
* Foundational anatomy
* Intensive study and practice of Asana (postures)
* Sanskrit names of yoga postures
* Modifications, variations and hands-on assists of poses
* Use of props
* Class sequencing and planning
* Supporting the pregnant Yogini in your class
* The business of teaching Yoga & getting started as a new teacher
By the end of the training, you will be able to:
* plan and teach an all levels yoga class
* create safe and smartly curated classes
* teach confidently using a structured methodology that is inclusive, accessible, and non-dogmatic
* demonstrate skills in direct cueing, verbal assists, & physical demonstrations
* understand the staging of poses, skillful use of action, and modify as needed for your students
* you will be able to articulate clearly & precisely, and have voice projection
* feel fully confident with classroom presence, pose, and have the know-how to 'read a room'
* demonstrate a firm understanding of anatomy and its application to asana including risk factors & injury prevention
* practice and teach foundational mindfulness practices, meditation, and breath work techniques
* describe the key milestones of yoga history and apply key philosophical concepts to real-world practical situations
* describe the ethical qualities and embody the behavior of a professional yoga teacher
* evolve your personal practice by participating in practices, asana labs, structured practicums, and receiving hands-on assists from instructors & fellow trainees
A minimum of one year's regular yoga practice and reasonable competence is required to attend this Yoga Teacher Training. Applicants are required to be in good health, physically and mentally. Trainees must attend all sessions and fully participate in all practicums, quizzes, exams, homework assignments etc. in order to receive a certificate. Except in cases of extreme illness or family crisis In cases where absence is unavoidable, the missed time will need to be made up during the training time. If more than three sessions are missed, the student may not be certified and additional tutoring costs to finish the hours may be required. Hence, plan to attend the entire training and be prepared to fully participate! These guidelines are for the benefit and safety of the entire group. By applying for this course, you signal that you understand and comply with these requirements. Any physical or mental conditions that may adversely affect your participation must be communicated with the staff ahead of time. Please note, that you are not expected to be able to demonstrate all poses, be a wiz at comprehending philosophy, or even have a foundation of anatomy. However, please come with enthusiasm to learn and beginner’s mind to expand any existing skills you have!
Have any other questions? Wondering if this is the right training for you? Contact Jennifer directly to set up a complimentary call!
Jennifer Yarro has directed 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher trainings internationally since 2008, averaging 2-5 trainings per year. She co-created and co-directed Boston University’s first Yoga teacher Training. She is also adjunct faculty for numerous programs where she teaches advanced skills in anatomy, yoga as therapy, hands-on assisting asana, and Thai Yoga Massage. Jennifer has headlined trainings at both Kripalu and Omega.
Jennifer shares the practices of and trains people in Hatha and Vinyasa yoga, Prenatal Yoga, Meridian Yoga, AcroYoga and Thai Yoga Massage. As founder of the Triple Gem School of Thai Massage and previous owner of Frog Lotus Yoga Studio for 12 years, she has trained and certified thousands of students worldwide. Jennifer has traveled to teach at yoga studios, corporations, retreat centers, and festivals; namely in the US, Canada, UK, Sweden, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Thailand, Bali, and India.
Her focus for the past several years has been mentoring yoga teachers to develop their skills, curriculum, and offerings, including other YTT's. With her extensive experience and depth of knowledge, Jennifer has become a well-known, highly respected, and sought out teacher. She is very passionate about the integrity of one's practice and strives to meticulously and authentically impart her knowledge to her students.